During the initial meeting, the group was able to present two project proposals to Tranquility Aerospace Ltd; one involving trajectory design for the rocket; and the other concerning the development of the main propulsion system.
Upon further discussion, it was decided that the group would move forward with the development of the main propulsion system.
The goals of the project, as agreed with Tranquility Aerospace Ltd were to:
- produce a mass comparison of turbo pump, reciprocating pump, and pressure fed systems to deliver propellants to the combustion chamber.
- design an injector plate to efficiently atomise the fuel and ensure even combustion.
- perform CFD analysis of the processes in the combustion chamber in order to optimise chamber dimensions.
- design a mass optimised nozzle, with consideration given to all flight conditions.
- develop a thermal control system capable of maintaining the thrust chamber within safe temperature limits through all phases of flight.